Thursday, November 7, 2013

i'm back... again.

i really suck at this blogging thing... when my "life" gets busy, this is the last thing on my mind to update. luckily, i have all the photos on my phone and on my external that i've been meaning to write about.

where shall we start?  let's see, my last post was in may (before my harroween nails).... so going in chronological order, we can start with my parents visiting me and meeting the bf for the first time!

so let me tell you... i always thought i would end up with a japanese guy - for awhile, it was important for me to marry japanese to continue the "pure" japanese bloodline... buuuuuut that never happened - my high school bf was half vietnamese/half philippino, my college bf was korean, my after college bf was chinese... seems like i never found a good japanese guy - since my first crush in third grade: daichi takeshita, i mean common, how much more japanese could he get for me right?!?! i think for my parents (more my mother - i know you're reading and trying to deny it, but i'm right) they wanted me to marry japanese also.  oh and he had to be smart, a doctor or something.. yah, well, i never found that japanese guy. shocking.

anyway, i guess the universe didn't want me to be with a japanese guy because i found paʻa - paʻahana leslie. he's hawaiian, portugese, irish, german, english and french - definitely NO japanese there. long story short, they met, my parents liked him, paʻa and i are still together, so yay!

this is us at dinner. paʻa is such a stud.

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny. There are many of us who were that way…I married a NON-Japanese the first time and I think my grandpa probably was disappointed. BUT, look who I'm with now. LOL!!! I guess my grandparents can now RIP.

    ReplyDelete