Wednesday, December 1, 2010

i am lucky.

i had the best going away party ever.  i thought i was planning my own party, but little did i know that i only jump-started it.  my girlfriends went above and beyond to make the party even more memorable than i could have ever imagined!  there was lots of pink, "LA" and hello kitty action going on - everything a girl could ask for!  i am lucky to have those friends in my life along with everyone who came to celebrate with me.




i've spent the last couple of days packing - well sort of.  since thanksgiving, i've been enjoying the leisure of not working.  it took me a few days to realize that the days before i leave are creeping up on me.  i've managed to pack up five boxes that i shipped off to fedex today.  i also dropped off my truck at the long beach port this morning.  so this move is really happening - holy crap.  


i've been lucky this week to spend quality time with my friends, but in despite of that, i'm still very sad.  i'm leaving behind a lot of special friendships and relationships in my life here in cali - but i keep telling myself, at this point in my life, these relationships are so significant that even though i'm far away (roughly 2000 miles overseas), it will be ok.  i'm very hopeful.

and the countdown continues...
1 more day.




No comments:

Post a Comment