Friday, December 10, 2010

so far, so good.

i finally started working yesterday.  i will be the restaurant manager at the original roy's in hawaii kai.  i've been getting a bit restless.  i know i should enjoy it but i guess because i've never had two and a half weeks off before, so i didn't know what to do with myself!


here's a few things i've been doing:


this is my friend, james.  i met him through roy's - he owns bj orchids, he provides all our leis for our special events at roy's la.  super cool brotha.  he called me up to go on a catamaran with him and his boys.  i was a bit hesitant since i easily get motion sickness, but what the heck - i'm in hawaii, the weather is beautiful, why not!  it was so much fun!  i did start feeling a bit queezy, but did you know, if you chew on ice chips, it helps you feel better???  brilliant!  james and his boys took me to the new side street inn for dinner - omFg.  so good - pork chop, kalbi, fried chicken, da works fried rice, sauteed mushrooms, buffalo chicken, peanut butter crunch, pound cake and brownies. 

this is as close to christmas hawaii is going to get.  on kings street in downtown honolulu, there's a block of christmas lights and decorations.  it looks like christmas threw up, but it's actually really pretty, fascinating and seems romantic.  i haven't had a chance to walk through yet, but my "goal" is to find a man by the end of december who i can take that walk with. ♥  good luck to me.  hahaa.

these are special ohana to me.  i was honored to be invited to roy's waikiki's christmas party.  they had it across the street from roy's at coconut willy's.  i got a chance to meet their staff, have some "ono" food and fun!  robbyn and kelly are going to help me find that man to take me on that walk!

this is us at cafe laufer - enjoying desserts.  it is so funny how small this world is.  it's amazing that through our employment/career through roy's, we all know a lot of the same people!  i am grateful everyday for roy's and the friendships i've been able to create and cherish.

seems like all i do here is EAT.  i have to be careful.  i'm going to be working the closing shift at the restaurant so i have to be cautious about not eating bad and late!  another downfall is i can't really cook...  so i might have to find a man that can take me on that walk AND cook for me.  hahaha, damn it.

send me good vibes so i'll find that man.  mahalo.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Santa - please send Aya a cute boy for X'mas. Thank you.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing and I've never been on a catamaran so I'm jealous.

    Love that I can keep up with you on here!

    PS. night shift + dinner at the restaurant+ too much partying = dawn + 25 lbs.
    You have been warned :)

    ReplyDelete