Friday, January 14, 2011

for i am a strong woman...

i think i've been caught up in being sad and lonely that i haven't had a chance to actually appreciate my new life here in hawaii.  i've been here for a little over a month now and i continuously feel lucky.  lucky to have moved to "paradise" and have a place to live, lucky to have a job and continue my career with roy's, lucky to have made friends, and lucky to start a new adventure in life.  

these are my hostesses on new years eve - absolutely fabulous!

to my right - gil & penny nishimura.  they were on vacay with their friends and came into dinner last week.  they were staying in ko'olina (west side of oahu) but came all the way to hawaii kai to come see me!  gil is a good friend of roy's and a regular at the roy's in downtown la.  he and his family live just a couple miles away from my house in cerritos!

because of my work schedule, i haven't had a chance to go "out", but going to the shack with my staff/friends after work is keeping me entertained.  it gives me a chance to get to know them better and have fun.

that's john-wayne and steph.  john-wayne makes me smile.  he is so charismatic, it's amazing!  i'm not sure if he knows, but i have this strange, lumberjack crush on jw.  ;)  steph is massaging jw's lower back here because he has back pains...  not to mention, he fell outside just a few minutes before!

this is sheila - she's my twin and my fav!  sheila has definitely been my source of energy and encouragement.  when i first met her, she greeted and welcomed me with huge aloha.  since then, she's always been straight up with me, compliments me daily and helps me get through the night.  mahalo nui loa sheila for being my "person".  


for i am a strong woman, there is no need for me to be sad and lonely.

"i'm not afraid of storms, for i am learning to sail my ship."
- louisa may alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment